Updater.exe window frozen and stuck at 30%

• Hey, i just downloaded and installed the game using Playernet (fresh install, it's been years since i uninstalled RoM) everything was updating fine but when it got to 100% download and 30% update it got stuck and there's nothing i can do, i can't click on it because it crashes inmediatly, i restarted, closed and re-opened everything several times but it doesn't work, what do i do? And btw as soon as it crashes a message says "Version C application is not responding" if it helps.

• Official Post

Hey, i just downloaded and installed the game using Playernet (fresh install, it's been years since i uninstalled RoM) everything was updating fine but when it got to 100% download and 30% update it got stuck and there's nothing i can do, i can't click on it because it crashes inmediatly, i restarted, closed and re-opened everything several times but it doesn't work, what do i do? And btw as soon as it crashes a message says "Version C application is not responding" if it helps.

Greetings,

Do you know for sure that your Internet connection is stable?

I will forward your issue to our tech pro - int

• Looks like it may have started downloading a patch but got interrupted.

Check the rom installation folder and see if there is an patch exe, delete it and restart the launcher.

Please let us know how it goes

Thank you

• Official Post

Hello wequendi,

this error is not related to Runes of Magic launcher/patcher but to Windows - its runtime error.

What can be helpful:

1. Download & install: https://www.microsoft.com/en-u…oad/details.aspx?id=24417
    2. go to ROM dir and in properties of all exe files set:
    - Compatibility to "Windows 7".
    - "Run this program as an administrator.
    3. Check your game version (properties of client.exe), and use manual patches:
    https://playernetgames.net/gam…agic/web/manual_patch_ins

if you have still any issues, please contact with me via PM message in fourm.

• 2. go to ROM dir and in properties of all exe files set:
    - Compatibility to "Windows 7".
    - "Run this program as an administrator.

Thanks to all, that's actually the first thing i did after opening and re opening the launcher, tried with win xp and some more but in the end after 1 or 2 hours of failed attempts it started working, it updated itself and i was able to play.

• Official Post

Thanks to all, that's actually the first thing i did after opening and re opening the launcher, tried with win xp and some more but in the end after 1 or 2 hours of failed attempts it started working, it updated itself and i was able to play.

Glad to hear you got everything working and were able to get in the game!

Please let us know if you have any other issues. :thumbup:

~Thor